Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report detailing changes to the constitution to ensure greater constitutional robustness in terms of decision making.
1. That Council is recommended to agree the amended article 7 (Committees) of the constitution attached at Appendix A noting the principles of thresholds of decisions reserved to standing committees.
2. That Council is recommended to agree the revised Section 3, Responsibility for Functions Part 3 attached at Appendix B.
3. That it be noted that urgency procedures will be used to cover interim delegations required as part of shared services as set out at paragraph 4.7.
4. That Council is recommended to agree the amended article 6 (Scrutiny Committees) of the constitution attached at Appendix C.
5. That Council is recommended to agree the amended Section 4 Part 4C (Procedures for dealing with matters at Scrutiny Committee) attached at Appendix D.
6. That Council is recommended to agree amendments to the Budget and Policy Framework (para 27 of Section 4 - Rules of Procedure, Part 4 - Procedures for Dealing with Matters at Committee of the Constitution) as set out at paragraph 4.6.
7. That Council is recommended to delegate authority to the Monitoring Officer to make any consequential amendments to the Constitution arising from the report.
Publication date: 02/10/2015
Date of decision: 28/09/2015
Decided at meeting: 28/09/2015 - Strategy and Resources Committee