Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
This reports seeks approval for the council's
annual commissioning and financial plan 2017-18 to 2019-20.
Councillor Ruth Dombey moved a procedural motion to suspend standing order 13.1 to enable all Councillors to speak for up to five minutes each on this item and one Councillor from each party group to speak for up to 15 minutes. The procedural motion was seconded by Councillor Crowley, put to the vote and carried.
Councillor Simon Wales, Lead Member for Finance moved the adoption of the revised recommendation.
Following debate and in accordance with government regulations a recorded vote was taken on the substantive recommendation.
The result of the vote was as follows:
In favour (39):
Manuel Abellan, Pathumal Ali, David Bartolucci, Samantha Bourne, Richard Broadbent, Kevin Burke, Mary Burstow, Steve Cook, Margaret Court, Jean Crossby, Adrian Davey, Ruth Dombey, Nick Emmerson, Trish Fivey, Vincent Galligan, Martin Gonzalez, Sunita Gordon, Amy Haldane, Marlene Heron, Arthur Hookway, Miguel Javelot, Edward Joyce, Richard Marston, Wendy Mathys, Jayne McCoy, Ali Mirhashem, Callum Morton, Nali Patel, Steve Penneck, Hamish Pollock, Jason Reynolds, Muhammad Sadiq, Colin Stears, Simon Wales, Jill Whitehead, Graham Whitham, Chris Williams, Paul Wingfield, Hanna Zuchowska.
Moira Butt, Tim Crowley, Neil Garratt, David Hicks, Nick Mattey, Jane Pascoe, Holly Ramsey, Tony Shields, Richard Clifton.
1. That the Strategic Commissioning Plan set out at appendix A to the report be agreed;
Revenue Budget 2017/18
2. That the proposed General Fund net budget requirement of £140.784m summarised at appendix B (revised) and by Directorate at appendix L (revised) be agreed;
3. That the base budget changes set out in paragraphs 8.1 to 8.19 of the report and summarised in appendix C (revised) including a phased use of reserves be agreed;
4. That the savings proposed in appendix D (revised) to the report be agreed;
5. That the rent reduction of 1% as mandated by the government be noted and that the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) budget 2017/18 (appendix E1) including the proposed savings be agreed;
6. That the revised capital programme for 2017/18 to 2018/19 with a total spend of £233m, including the proposed funding arrangements and policies, as set out in section 9 of the report and appendix F be agreed;
7. That expenditure be authorised to be incurred of £11.2m for the detailed 2017/18 Housing Capital Programme (appendix F3) and £759k for expenditure on Corporate Operational Buildings (appendix F4);
8. That the policy on reserves set out in paragraphs 8.47 to 8.48 of the report be agreed and that the reserve movements proposed in paragraphs 8.11-8.20, 8.34 and 8.49 of the report be noted;
9. That the Treasury Management Strategy 2017/18 which includes the annual investment strategy, prudential indicators and borrowing limits as set out in appendix G (revised) to the report be agreed;
10. That the council tax for 2017/18 at £1,258.31 for a Band D property, an increase of £24.20 (2%) for the adult social care ‘precept’ and £24.08 (1.99%) for general purposes be agreed;
11. That the formal resolution at appendix H (revised), including the council tax requirement of £89.928m be agreed;
12. That the proposed Greater London Authority precept of £280.02, increased from £276 in 2016/17, be noted;
13. That the Schools Funding Formula (appendix I) be agreed;
14. That the Council’s pay policy statement for 2017/18 (appendix J) be agreed; and
15. That the Members’ Allowances Scheme 2017/18 (appendix K - revised) be agreed.
(Note: appendices B, C, D, G, H, K and L were revised and circulated following the Strategy and Resources Committee held on 20 February 2017)
Publication date: 12/05/2017
Date of decision: 06/03/2017
Decided at meeting: 06/03/2017 - Council