Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek authority to grant a 125 year lease to
Sutton Living for a mixed use - residential and commercial -
development on the site of the former Wallington Public Hall
The Assistant Director, Resources Directorate (Asset Planning, Management & Capital Delivery) introduced the report.
1. That, subject to achieving planning consent, Sutton Living be granted a 125-year lease for a mixed use development consisting of 27 residential units and a ground floor commercial unit, for the land described as Site A on the attached site plan at the former Wallington Public Hall.
2. That the commercial shop unit is acquired by the Council and added to its Investment Property Portfolio.
3. That it be agreed that disposal to Sutton Living is to be on the basis that 40% of the residential units on the scheme are developed for affordable housing and that the Council is granted nomination rights to the affordable housing units.
4. That, in consultation with the Deputy Leader, the Strategic Director for Resources be delegated authority to agree a revised sale price if required by any amendments to these proposals for the scheme that obtains planning consent, with the agreed price based on a valuation by an independent firm of chartered surveyors.
5. That authority be delegated to the Strategic Director for Resources to negotiate and agree terms for the lease and complete all legal documents for the transfer to Sutton Living, including any changes required to the boundaries of Site A to fit with the consented scheme.
Report author: Ade Adebayo
Publication date: 24/07/2017
Date of decision: 17/07/2017
Decided at meeting: 17/07/2017 - Strategy and Resources Committee