Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Lead Locality Officer presented the report on spending since February 2018. The available budget for public realm for 2018/19 was also confirmed.
Members queried item CC171.86 and commented that there was no consultation over the cycle stands. Ian Price Team Leader Strategy and Commissioning, advised that the stands were discussed at the allocation meeting and that he believed the position of the stands had been shared.
1. The funding for the annual festive lighting scheme across the two ward areas for £20,467 from Public Realm capital to revenue until January 2022 be approved.
2. The improvement to existing signage for Carshalton Bowls Club for £53, from Public Realm Capital capital be approved.
3. The purchase and installation of seven beech trees for the Carshalton Beeches area for £1,855 from Public Realm revenue be approved.
4. The purchase and installation of one resident-sponsored tree for the grass verge outside 19 Oaks Way for £185 from Public Realm revenue be approved.
5. The progress of the Public Realm schemes listed in Appendix A was noted.
Councillor Amy Haldane raised a motion to approve adding additional names to the WW1 and WW2 war memorials in Carshalton from Public Realm Capital at a cost of £250.
Members asked for confirmation as to whether there is space for the additional names to be added and if all names have been researched and confirmed. Victoria Jeffrey, Head of Local Place and Engagement, confirmed both these points. The motion was seconded by Councillor Tim Crowley.
6. The funding of £250 to add additional names to the WW1 and WW2 war Memorials in Carshalton from Public Realm Capital be approved.
Councillor Moira Butt queried why her request regarding the Carshalton Beeches welcome sign was not able to be agreed at the meeting. The Locality Lead Officer informed committee that officers needed time to investigate costs and so this would come to the next meeting.
Publication date: 19/10/2018
Date of decision: 26/06/2018
Decided at meeting: 26/06/2018 - Carshalton and Clockhouse Local Committee