Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Seek approval for a new Regulation 123 list
and provide guidance on the spending of CIL receipts
The Head of Development Management and Strategic Planning introduced the report. Members discussed the impact of conversion of office to residential when there is no new floor space created and were advised that those types of development would not result in CIL charges to the developer; how CIL money was recovered and what information could be made available to demonstrate how CIL money was spent.
1. That the council continues with its current CIL Charging Schedule (index-linked) rather than produce a new Charging Schedule.
2. That the CIL Charging Schedule be reviewed with the Local Plan, due in 2023.
3. That public consultation on a draft revised Regulation 123 List (see Appendix B) be agreed.
4. That the Regulation 123 List be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure it remains aligned with the council’s wider priorities.
5. That it be agreed to allocate 15% of CIL receipts to the neighbourhood portion where that CIL is generated by new development, except in areas with an adopted neighbourhood plan where the allocation will be 25% of CIL receipts.
6. That the Strategic Director of Environment, Housing and Regeneration be tasked in consultation with the Strategic Director of Resources and the Chair of the Housing, Economy and Business Committee and Lead Member for Finance to (a) review and consider the governance arrangements for allocating and spending the neighbourhood portion of CIL receipts; and (b) report back to the Strategy and Resources Committee with a preferred option.
Report author: Simon Latham
Publication date: 08/11/2018
Date of decision: 29/10/2018
Decided at meeting: 29/10/2018 - Strategy and Resources Committee