Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
This report provides an overview of
council-wide performance and finance between April and September
The Assistant Director - Customers, Commissioning and Governance and Assistant Director, Shared Finance Service for Sutton and Kingston introduced the report. The Chair invited the Strategic Director of Resources to give an overview of recent government regulations which would lift the cap on borrowing against the Housing Revenue Account.
Members queried the costs associated with the impact of unlawful encampments and the costs of the single flytip removal. The Strategic Director of Environment, Housing and Regeneration responded that flytip costs are not usually recorded but this was reported to members due to the unusually high cost of the removal.
1. That it be noted the new Corporate Balanced Scorecard is currently being designed and built and will be ready for the end of year Strategy & Resources Committee.
2. That the recommended measures of success in the Outcomes Based Commissioning Plan 18/19 (Appendix A) be agreed.
3. That the projected revenue outturn position be noted
4. That the projected capital position be noted.
5. That the one off use of reserves to fund £400k of support of the Outcome Based Commissioning Review Programme as per paragraph 3.6 be agreed.
6. That for 2018/19 only use of reserves to fund part-time business support to Opposition Group Leadership, which has been costed at £25k in a full year be agreed.
7. That the capital programme adjustments shown under Appendix B be agreed.
Report author: Sam Barker
Publication date: 08/11/2018
Date of decision: 29/10/2018
Decided at meeting: 29/10/2018 - Strategy and Resources Committee