Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Financial Outturn and Performance Information
Councillor Sunita Gordon, Lead Member for Resources introduced the report, followed by the Strategic Director of Resources.
Members discussed: support to residents experiencing financial difficulty and outreach work in relation to homelessness, food poverty, SEN support provision and the level of government grants provided to the Council in response to deficits created by the impact of the pandemic.
1. That the key achievements for 2020/21, as set out in section 4 of the report, be noted
2. That the 2020/21 Financial Outturn position for the Council’s revenue budget of £0.828m underspend leading to an increase in general fund balances which are now £8.236m, be noted.
3. That the 2020/21 Financial Outturn position for the Council’s capital budget of £0.430m underspend against the revised capital programme shown in Appendix A, to the report, be noted.
4. That the capital programme adjustments set out in Appendix B to the report be approved, to re-profile 2021/22 budgets to reflect the programme outturn.
5. That the additional budget of £30m over 6 years to deliver the Beech Tree Place redevelopment programme, as set out in paragraph 6.5 of the report, be approved following approval of the business case by the Housing Economy and Business Committee in June.
6. That the 2020/21 Financial Outturn position for the DSG budgets of £0.410m underspend be noted leading to an overall DSG reserves position of £1.321m and for the HRA of £0.366m overspend leading to HRA reserves of £4.5m.
7. That the financial risks and issues for the Council over the period 2022/23 - 2023/24 as set out in Section 11, of the report, be noted.
Note: members of the majority opposition group on the committee abstained on the vote in relation to recommendation 2.4 (resolution 4).
Report author: Sam Barker
Publication date: 20/07/2021
Date of decision: 05/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 05/07/2021 - Strategy and Resources Committee