Decision Maker: Council, Strategy and Resources Committee
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report which was part of the Governance Review, which set out results of a review of outside body appointments. The Committee noted that some appointments remained vacant it was therefore proposed that authority was delegated to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Lead Member to agree outstanding appointments. The groups agreed to provide any outstanding nomination within a week of the meeting.
1. That the list of outside bodies to be appointed to be agreed, as set out in Appendix A, and that the reasons be noted.
2. That the names of those appointed as set out in Appendix A be agreed with authority delegated to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Lead Member to agree any outstanding appointments when nominations were provided by the relevant political group.
3. That the procedures rules for appointments to outside bodies be agreed and that Full Council be recommended to include in the Council’s Constitution, as set out at Appendix B.
4. That authority be delegated to the Monitoring Officer to develop and implement guidance for members appointed to outside bodies.
5. That appointments to outside bodies be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that appointments to outside bodies meet the corporate priorities of the Council.
Publication date: 06/07/2015
Date of decision: 29/06/2015
Decided at meeting: 29/06/2015 - Strategy and Resources Committee