Chantelle Swaby, Locality Lead Officer to present a report to the Committee, which outlines new public realm schemes for approval and gives an update on the progress of current schemes.
Indicative time: 15 minutes
Chantelle Swaby, Locality Lead Officer gave a presentation on schemes currently in progress and those recently completed.
The Locality Lead Officer advised that in regards to the 20mph in Churchill Road, the speed survey had been programmed in, following the rebuild of the speedhumps in August 2016, and then the survey will then be able to take place, hopefully in December 2016.
It was noted that the item “Community based activity to reduce antisocial behaviour in Worcester Park” was going to be removed from the subsequent report as this scheme was no longer going forward.
It was noted that the remaining balance was £35,644.
Resolved: That the Cheam North and Worcester Park Local Committee:
1. Approves funding £130 of Public Realm revenue for the Adopt-a-Verge scheme where local residents and /or local schools help beautify a verge in their area with flower seeds/bulbs.
2. Approves £5,500 of Public Realm capital for the supply and fitting of a new 500 mm tall section of vertical metal bar fence railing around the entrance to The Close.
3. Approves £3,350 of Public Realm capital for improvements to the side entrance of Sutton Common Park (Morden Way entrance), including gate repairs, a new tarmac pad and two welcome signs.
4. Approves £24,340 of Public Realm capital converted to revenue for the delivery and installation of festive lights across the Local Committee area.
5. Approves £500 of Public Realm revenue for the regeneration of North Cheam crossroads with new flowering plants.
6. Approves £2,000 from Public Realm capital for a ‘contemplation area’ in the Hamptons which includes an old oak and surrounding bench.
7. Approves the net overspend amount of £993 Public realm capital, as detailed in Appendix A, Section 5, to be deducted from unallocated balances.