Venue: Civic Offices, Sutton
Contact: Alexa Coates, Head of Committee and Management Support Tel: 020 8770 5094 | Email: email@example.com
a) Apologies for absence
The Mayor announced he had received apologies for absence from Councillors Steve Cook, Miguel Javelot, Kevin Burke, Steve Penneck, Patrick McManus, Richard Marston, Ali Mirhashem, Jason Reynolds, Mary Burstow, Doug Hunt, Colin Stears, Samantha Bourne, Jayne McCoy, Amy Haldane and Callum Morton.
b) Procedural Motion
The Mayor moved a procedural motion to suspend procedure rule 12.6 the requirement to stand which was carried.
Declarations of Interest
Councillors to declare any personal or prejudicial interests that they have on matters to be discussed at this evening’s Council meeting.
There were no declarations of interest.
Council are asked to consider a requisition relating to a decision made by the Environment and Neighbourhood Committee at a meeting held on 27 June 2016.
In accordance with Rules of Procedure (23.4) Councillor Jill Whitehead, Chair of the Environment and Neighbourhood Committee moved the adoption of draft resolutions Item 8 recommendation 2.1, 2.3 and 2.5 considered by the Environment and Neighbourhood Committee held on 27 June 2016.
In accordance with Rules of Procedure (8.2) 1 member asked 3 questions the responses and supplementary questions are set out at Appendix A to these minutes.
Following debate the minutes were put to the vote. In accordance Rules of Procedure (15.2) a recorded vote was requested, the result of which was as follows:
In favour of the adoption of the minute (29)
Manuel Abellan, Pathumal Ali, David Bartolucci, Richard Broadbent, Margaret Court, Jean Crossby, Adrian Davey, Ruth Dombey, Nick Emmerson, Trish Fivey, Vincent Galligan, Martin Gonzalez, Sunita Gordon, Marlene Heron, Arthur Hookway, Wendy Mathys, Joyce Melican, Nali Patel, Nighat Piracha, Hamish Pollock, Marian Radford, Muhammad Sadiq, Daniel Sangster, Simon Wales, Jill Whitehead, Graham Whitham, Chris Williams, Paul Wingfield, Hanna Zuchowska.
Against the adoption of the minute (8)
Moira Butt, Tim Crowley, Neil Garratt, David Hicks, Nick Mattey, Jane Pascoe, Holly Ramsey, Tony Shields.
1. Agree to award Preferred Bidder status to Veolia (ES) UK Limited for the provision of the Lot 1 services (waste collection, street cleaning, winter maintenance and vehicle procurement and maintenance) for a period of eight years with the option to extend for two further periods of eight years (twenty four in total) to commence from April 2017.
2. Agree to award Preferred Bidder status to The Landscape Group Limited for the provision of Lot 2 services (parks, grounds maintenance, cemeteries, verges and tree maintenance) for a period of eight years with the option to extend for a two further periods of eight years (twenty four in total) to commence from February 2017.
3. Agree that Amey LG Limited is appointed as the Reserve Bidder for the Lot 1 services and Veolia (ES) UK Limited is appointed as the Reserve Bidder for the Lot 2 services.
4. Agree delegation to the Strategic Director of Environment, Housing and Regeneration, based on the principles at 4.33 of this report and following fine tuning, to agree the Inter Authority Agreement (IAA) and the arrangements relating to the management of the contracts.
5. Note the service changes detailed in paras 4.9 - 4.21.
6. Approve the charge for the Green Garden Waste service, as detailed at para 4.13 of this report, from April 2017.
7. Note the requirement to advertise the Council’s intention to grant leases for those LBS properties (which include open space) within scope as detailed at Appendix 9 of this report.
8. Agree that the Preferred Bidders are permitted to start consultation with staff and union representatives, prior to contract award, about any proposed changes to employment terms and conditions.
(Note: the requisition relates to resolutions 1, 3 and 5 only)