An opportunity for members of the public to raise points or questions about local issues that are not already on the agenda for this meeting. If it is not possible to answer the question at the meeting, a written response will be issued. Please submit your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicative time: 10 minutes
Residents at the meeting were invited to ask questions, and those who had submitted and received a response to a question outside of the meeting (published as an addendum to the agenda) were invited to ask a supplementary question.
1. Questioner - Andy Behan - Humps warning sign on Whitland Road reported back in May 2017, October 2017, new sign would be erected. 10 months since the original complaint.
The Chair informed the Committee that the 10 months to wait on a response and get some action was unacceptable. Officers will be asked to look into it as a matter of urgency.
Claire Smith informed the Committee that the Interim Head of the Shared Environment Service would like to apologise for the time taken to resolve this particular issues, but thanks the public for their questions and in due course there will be a review of the process and procedures to ensure that issues that are raised will be resolved in a timely fashion in the future.
2. Questioner - Nikki Sutton - outstanding question from last meeting in relation to the framework that would be put in place to prevent residents going into fuel poverty following the agreement of a contract for 25 years with Barratt Homes where heating networks are unregulated.
Agreed that the Chair will provide a written response.
3. Questioner - Nikki Sutton - lighting down the towpath back of Corbett Close, there is street light, but very intermittent. It is without street lights, the normal street lights keep going off and not been working since Christmas
Agreed that the Chair will raise with officers.
4. Questioner - Helena Barrowclough - raised concerns relating to the level of construction dust/dirt on London and Hackbridge Road. Conditions have been placed on the company with a wash truck but it is not having much impact. Concerned about the health and safety of the local residents during the forthcoming summer months.
Agreed that if the planning enforcement is not being met, then will ask the planning officers to see if anything else can be enforced or changed to benefit the local residents.
5. Questioner - Mr Fish - The Development at Hackbridge, does the Council have any conditions for developer, to offer the houses for sale to local residents and British residents first, rather than flog them to the foreign investors?
Agreed that the Chair seek a response from planning officers.
6. Questioner - Mr Fish - empty shops in Sutton and Times Square, the population increasing and the number of shops is decreasing and there are fewer jobs in Sutton. Is the Council aware, or concerned about this issue.
The Chair informed the Committee that it is being looked at through the Sutton Plan and was raised during the table top discussions.
7. Questioner - Sharon Crayden - when will Royston Park be completed?
Claire Smith informed the Committee that Royston Park is currently out to tender and no completion date has yet been set.
8. Questioner - Sharon Crayden - with the new CPZ, on a road by road analysis, residents with drop curb, for 2 parking spaces, are they still entitled to buy 3 Parking Permits or are those 2 taken away from the total?
Agreed that a written response be sought and sent to the questioner.
9. Questioner – Andy Beadle - 5 Ward Councillors attending the meeting for the last 2 meetings, why are they not attending the meetings?
The Chair informed the meeting that she was unable to answer for other absent councillors, but the Committee did receive apologies for absence.