To be responsible for providing advice to the Council, its committees, officers of the Council and to other public service providers on equality and diversity issues concerning all aspects of their work.
The function of the Equality and Diversity Forum is:
1. Make recommendations to the appropriate decision making body of the Council and other public service providers on the development of their equality and diversity policies, practices and action plans;
2. Contribute to the development of their strategy for the implementation of agreed equality and diversity policies, practices and action plans;
3. Maintain an overview of equality and diversity issues relating to all aspects of their work;
4. Receive and comment on all relevant reports in relation to agreed equality and diversity objectives and action plans;
5. Contribute to the annual review of the Council and other public service providers’ corporate and service area objectives relating to equality and diversity;
6. Make recommendations to the committees and officers of the Council and public service providers on priorities for the allocation of their resources in relation to their areas of responsibility.
Chief Executives Group
Civic Offices, St. Nicholas Way,
Phone: 0208770 5141