To carry out those statutory and non-statutory functions falling within its area of responsibility as set out below, working within the budget and policy framework previously approved by Council, except where such functions remain reserved to the Council or have been delegated to any other Committee within the Council’s Scheme of Delegation.
To recommend to Full Council new or changes in previously approved policies.
To make joint arrangements or delegate decision making to Strategic Directors. However, this does not prevent that Committee from choosing to exercise the function itself.
Areas of responsibility include:
· Adult Social Care, support or health services provided by the Local Authority
· Assessment of need and commissioning services for vulnerable adults
· Carers’ Support
· Charging for social care and support services
· Commissioning preventative services for adults
· Freedom Passes, Taxi cards and Blue badges
· Joint commissioning of health and social care services
· Safeguarding Adults
· Wellbeing Services - (Services supporting physical and mental wellbeing which are aimed at enabling people to achieve and maintain good health, to keep independent and resilient, living in their own homes and communities and promoting social connectedness).
Support officer: Davena Palmer, Democratic Services Officer. Tel: 020 8770 4990 Email: email@example.com
St Nicholas Way