To carry out those statutory and non-statutory functions falling within its area of responsibility as set out below, working within the budget and policy framework previously approved by Council, except where such functions remain reserved to the Council or have been delegated to any other Committee within the Council’s Scheme of Delegation.
To recommend to Full Council new or changes in previously approved policies.
To make joint arrangements or delegate decision making to Strategic Directors. However, this does not prevent that Committee from choosing to exercise the function itself.
Areas of responsibility include:
· Building Control
· Business Regulation/Consumer Protection/Trading Standards/Enforcement
· Development Control Policy
· Economic Development (Employment, Skills and Inward Investment)
· Health and Safety (External)
· Housing Advice Services
· Housing Strategy
· Revenues and Benefits
· Strategic Planning
· Sutton Housing Partnership
· Town and District Centres
Support officer: Matthew Stickley, Committee Services Manager. Tel.: 020 8770 4990; Email: email@example.com
St Nicholas Way