To carry out those statutory and non-statutory functions falling within its area of responsibility as set out below, working within the budget and policy framework previously approved by Council, except where such functions remain reserved to the Council or have been delegated to any other Committee within the Council’s Scheme of Delegation.
To recommend to Full Council new or changes in previously approved policies.
To make joint arrangements or delegate decision making to the relevant Chief Officer. However, this does not prevent that Committee from choosing to exercise the function itself.
Areas of responsibility include:
1. To ensure that a Sutton Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) is in place and kept up to date.
2. To lead on the development of a Sutton Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy which reflects the needs of local people as described in the JSNA.
3. To consider options and opportunities for the joint commissioning of health and social care services for adults and children and families in the London Borough of Sutton to meet needs identified within the JSNA and to consider any relevant strategies and plans regarding the commissioning of health and social care services for adults and children.
4. To oversee the development of any joint commissioning activity, ensuring any proposed activity is aligned with local priorities and levels of need and is undertaken within available resources. To consider options for joint commissioning and procurement between relevant organisations to support this work.
5. To keep under review, the financial and organisational implications of joint and integrated working across health and social care services, ensuring that performance and quality standards for health and social care services to children, families and adults are met and represent value for money across the whole system.
6. To ensure that the Board works to promote the achievement of the objectives of the organisations represented on it.
The Health and Wellbeing Board are able to choose to work differently from a formal committee meeting of the Council, and can hold themed meetings and seminars, at which other relevant people may be invited to participate. Formal rules of procedure will not apply to such meetings where there are no formal decisions to be taken, and the Chair will determine how such meetings will be run, in consultation with the Vice Chairs.
Membership of the Health and Wellbeing Board
In accordance with the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2012 the membership of the Health and Wellbeing Board will be as follows:
· The Leader of the Council
· The Chairs of the Committees who have responsibility for Health,
· Children, Adults and Public Health matters or their nominees
· The Leader of the Opposition or their nominee
· Chief Executive of the Council
· Strategic Director, People Services
· Director for Public Health
· Chief Operating Officer, Chief Clinical Officer and Chair of the Board of
· the Sutton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
· A representative of local Healthwatch
· Two representatives of the local Voluntary and Community Sector
· Chief Executive, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals Trust
· Chief Executive, SWL & St George’s Mental Health Foundation Trust
· Chief Executive, Community Health Services (Royal Marsden
The Chair of the Health and Wellbeing Board will be the Leader of the Council. The three Vice Chairs will be representatives from Healthwatch, Sutton CCG and a Councillor.
In accordance with Regulations, the political proportionality rules do not apply to this Committee.
Support officer: Sharon Major, Committee Services Officer. Tel.: 020 8770 4990, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org